Scott's - Mill Road

I had the pleasure of trying Scott's famous brunch on Mill Road recently.

I have walked past this place dozens of times since it has opened (which has been for a while now) but I have never really noticed it until someone recommended I try it.

Scott's has replaced the old Golden Curry restaurant opposite the Mill Road Butcher and has been a place I've wanted to try for some time now.


Scott's is well known for its "bottomless brunches" which offer a selection of different dishes, including an unlimited supply of alcoholic beverages while you eat (yes, including beer!).

The brunch is £35 per head and is limited to 90 minutes, so watch out as this can lead to a very quick and messy level of intoxication if you are desperate to get your money's worth.



Upon entering the first thing I noticed was the wall of noise. The place is crammed without a single table spare. The brunches are clearly very popular and this is not a place for a quiet meal with the family. The noise only got louder as time went on and people got more drunk (especially if you were caught behind the table of inconsiderate screeching witches like we were).
The service was rushed but they still managed to get us everything we needed within a good amount of time. We had to shout repeatedly at the top of our lungs to get anyone's attention because of the noise.
One chap went off after we asked for sauces and never came back, so we had to order them again. I did feel for them a little as it was absolute bedlam.

Otherwise, the service was good!


Fit for a lumberjack! 


The food was fantastic. I went for the lumberjack special which was a cross between pancakes and a fry-up - You can't really go wrong!

My wife had a different dish which came with poached eggs. They looked absolutely amazing! I was having buyers remorse looking at them after ordering my very flat and dry-looking fried eggs.

Those eggs look incredible!


The sausages came from across the road at the Mill Road Butcher which was absolutely superb!
My potato cubes were excellent, as were the pancakes. Other than the fried eggs everything was perfect. I can really see why people come here and it isn't just for the unlimited booze.



I cannot comment on the alcohol as I was the designated driver (MR responsibility!) but I'm sure Janice and Megan will let you know in the Cambridge Foodies Facebook group!
Bierra Moretti was available, which is one of the better low-end beers, so I expect the quality to be about the same for the fizz perhaps?
This place sort of reminds me of a fast-paced and noisy New York diner for people who crave the hustle and bustle of city life. I really love being able to people-watch at the window and watch the world go by. It really adds something else to your dining experience here. Also, the noise and busyness of it all would have been claustrophobic, so a window makes the experience a little more pleasant.

All the food is fantastic and I love the fact that the food is sourced from other Mill Road businesses, which adds another level of support and community from the ever-brilliant Mill Road food scene. You can literally see the butcher from across the road, so you don't get any more locally-sourced than that!

Make sure you check them out and show your support!


Website: https://www.scottsallday.com
Phone: 01223 311105

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Congratulations to Mo Maliks!

Welcome!